Monday, July 26, 2010

What can cause twitching of facial muscles?

For the last 2 days the muscles of my face, particularly my right eyebrow muscle, twitches involuntarily every minute or so. If I contract the muscles when this happens it causes all the muscles in my forehead to twitch up and down involuntarily. The only thing that I can think of is that I've taken some Soma (muscle relaxers) within the last few days. Can that have anything to do with it?What can cause twitching of facial muscles?
First I would check on side affects on Soma.


Second I would call you doctor.


There are many things that can be associated with this.


I have a link below to help you.


What can cause twitching of facial muscles?
It sounds like hemifacial spasm. Try to consult a neurologist. Maybe, you need a MRI if you have frequent symptoms, but if it was once or twice maybe it was just a motor tic.

No comments:

Post a Comment