Sunday, July 25, 2010

Whats the best way to cover or reduce the appearance of a facial scar?

I'm looking for herbal remedies to reduce appearance and a brand of makeup to cover it completly when I go out.Whats the best way to cover or reduce the appearance of a facial scar?
Mcderma costs around 30 dollars and is great for scars.


Dermablend should be used as makeup my cousin had to buy it to hide her tattoo and it worked wonderfully.Whats the best way to cover or reduce the appearance of a facial scar?
Cocoa Butter moisturizer





is good for fading scars,





bio oil and what





foundation ive found good to cover one





of my scars is Clinuque foundation





in the glass pot. Its reasonably expensive





but it does work, it's thick - but spreads easily





so you dont need to put a lot on





x
Cocoa butter will take away the scar eventually if you use it every night. To go out, you can use Dermablend, but make sure you take it off when you get home. It takes a while to get rid of a keloid scar so you have to be patient, but it will go away eventually.
Ok if its a scar from acne or eczema, try cocoa butter (palmers) it might fade the scar. If that dont work try even and clear by ambi or neutrogena. Even if its not from acne cocoa butter can still help. And u can try a concealer 2 cover up da scar as well. Hope this helps
a good foundatiom or polysporin.
I think what cherry said is good !!!!
Mederma is made from onions.. but it works!
dermablend
tHERE IS A CREAM THAT YOU PUT ON EVERY NIGHT
Rosehip oil - it's fabulous - in paramedical stores.
Hello; As the bearer of a 6'; facial scar, (it got deep down toward my jaw, and was a deep red for years, and it never bothered me), that has faded with time (20+ years), I can tell you vitamin E and time are the best elements. I've seen the commercials from the same company that sells ';Head On'; for headaches, (you had to have seen their annoying commercials); they claim to have a product that will reduce your scars... However, I can't vouch for them.





I also had a girlfriend who had a scar on her cheek, about 2'; long, curved... I thought it was sexy! I'm not sure how old you are, or what you look like, or how this is affecting you, on an emotional level, but I don't think a scar makes someone ';ugly'; or ';unattractive';, rather, it gives you and a new friend, a topic to speak on... ';hey, how'd you get that?';... etc. Since my g/f and I have broken up several years ago, I've seen a few women with scars, and none have been unattractive! It is our uniqueness that makes us stand out! Look at the retired super-model, Cindy Crawford; she had a huge mole on her face, and everyone loved her!





I hope you find what you're looking for, and feel free to contact me, if you need any elaboration.
Prescriptives make-up (in department stores) will combine a pigment to match your skin tone and reduce the appearance of scars.
Vitamin E is best. You can get the gelcaps and break them open and rub it in. It is best done early though. make sure you get the d alpha-tocopheral, not dl.





Oh, sorry, this will not cover it up, but it will reduce the scarring, especially while it is healing...





Or you can get a monocle and German brogue, and tell everyone that it is a Heidleberg scar and wear it with pride...





FYI: Years ago I knew a beautiful woman, who was always smiling and happy. I thought she looked amazing. Then one day, I looked at her really close, and her face was covered with scars. I never noticed before because she was always smiling. Keep that in mind...
plastic surgery is the best way.
buy some ointment thats what i have for a scar on my leg, went away in bout a month and you can barely tell its there :)
well dont use make-up if thats oneof your options because that will only further the issue.....you should use cocoa butter
Concealer? Maybelline!
If your'e at major department store like Macy's, you can ask at the counter and they will show you special products designed to do that.
derma abrasion with laser removal and 6 months of facial treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment