Monday, July 26, 2010

When speaking of removing facial hair like eye brows. What does the threading technique mean?

I'm asking because I hear people say they use the threading technique. I would like to know how it is done. And what is needed to do it.When speaking of removing facial hair like eye brows. What does the threading technique mean?
okay well i've seen my cousins do it before.. its basically like a piece of string tied into a circle, with a loop in it. kinda like this: http://www.lucidbeauty.com/lucid_threadi鈥?/a>


and you basically use the thread like 'scissors to get the hair off.. sorry i don't know a lot but you could google it, youtube it, or just go to a threading place and see how it's done =]When speaking of removing facial hair like eye brows. What does the threading technique mean?
I have had it done on my eyebrows before. Somehow the technician wraps the thread around her fingers so that she has two strands. It was like a thicker sewing thread.Then she rolls the thread against your skin/hair to remove the hair. It stung a little bit, but I didn't have the infamous red line afterwards that you get from waxing. I prefer it to waxing and tweezing...trouble is finding someone that knows how to do it. When I was deployed to Iraq, that's how they did eyebrows in our 'beauty salons' on base. Also, it seems to be more of a Middle Eastern technique, as most of my friends that are of that decent- their mothers all know how to do it. I'm sorry I couldn't tell you the exact procedures, just my personal experience.
Hey there! From my education training I have been taught that the threading technique is a way to remove eyebrow hair by using a thread/string usually cotton to grab the individual hair and with a twist maneuver pluck the hair out similar in ways to tweezing. This technique is good for those who are on Acne products that make them sensitive to waxing. I believe this technique originated from Asian Cultures. I have not seen many places that offer it or even seen it done so I wish you good luck and hope this answer helps!
for threading, the beautician will use a sewing thread.


then she might use scissors to level the top part of the eyebrows.


it's hard to describe, but she will twist the thread, press it onto your skin and remove the hair in a sweeping motion.


it will require you to pull on your skin while she does it.


for some people it is painful, for others it's only a minor tingling.


threading should be quite fast. and it the beautician has a lot of experience, it will be satisfying. just be sure to tell her exactly what you want before she starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment