Friday, August 20, 2010

What makes people want to get facial/tongue piercings?

I'm not judging anyone! I have a tattoo, but never thought I wanted to go the piercing route. I'm just curious as to what the mentality is behind getting these kinds of piercings. Thanks!What makes people want to get facial/tongue piercings?
I have 28 piercings, with a handful or retired ones. My facial piercings include, both nostrils pierced at 16g, septum at 10g, Monroe at 14g and labret at 14g





I love how piercings look, that a huge part of it. I also love the process of piercing and how the body heals. I will admit, I do love playing with my piercings too(and the girl in me loves cute jewelry from time to time). I love more than just facial piercings and I plan to venture into other styles of piercings sooner or later. But it all stems from a huge fascination with body modification and body art of all sorts. For some people its a fad, for me, its a curious passion.





While I do feel strongly judged by these choices, it doesn't really bug me anymore. Anyone not willing to look closer at who I am isn't a person worthwhile anyway :-DWhat makes people want to get facial/tongue piercings?
i think piercings are really cool


everyone has a different image and its there to play around with. :) Report Abuse

i think piercings are really cool


everyone has a different image and its there to play around with. :) Report Abuse

its not a fad!!!! i have my eyebrow, nose, tongue(3x) labrea %26amp; ears.. i as well have had more like, 3 in the lip(snake bites) 2 in the same brow, %26amp; my monroe %26amp; nipples.. i dont plan 2 make mine out, my fiance took all his out cuz he said it wuz a faz.. mines not, i also have 20 tat2s. Report Abuse

i have no clue
Maybe cause they think its cool. Just cause people think everyone else is doing it and its awsome to them doesnt mean they should do it just for the sake of being cool. do it cause you like it not cause its the fashion. Cause maybe it goes out of fashion. people might make fun of you that you still have it.
BOREDOM or maybe a lapse in judgement after 10 too many tequilla shots, LOL


my hubby has his tongue pierced and he told me he got it b/c the military said he couldnt have it, LOL


He obviously has issues with authority
You really have no right to judge others, as you have a tattoo yourself, and some people view them as ugly. I myself have 3 small girly pretty tattoos that are always getting compliments. I had my tongue pierced for 5 years but took it out for my wedding, my husband took his out as well. I still have my navel pierced and it looks gorgeous. Open your mind sweetie.... God Loves all his children no matter what:)
It's just a fad. People only do it because everyone else is doing it and they think it looks cool.
I have my tongue and belly button pierced. My tongue done when I was 17 and I was going through a rebellious phase, but I ended up keeping it because I do like it. The belly I got done years after and it looks nice. I think it varies for everyone at different stages of their life. That's my opinion only and everyone is entitled to theirs.
I personally think it's almost the same mentality as wanting a tattoo. I have tattoos, a pierced belly button and did have my tongue done, but took it out because it wasn't ';business professional';. I don't know what compelled me to go for piercings over tattoos. They were all sort of spur of the moment deals and I usually just go with my gut instinct. With my tongue, I wanted something else done to my body and seeing as I couldn't decide on a new tattoo, I went with a piercing. The good part is, with piercings, you can just take them out and let them close if you don't like them anymore. =) I hope this helps better your understanding.
I wonder the same thing. Because short of working in a tattoo parlor, there are not a lot of places that will allow you to wear your facial piercings to work.
some people like the attention you get for a face piercing and some people think their beatiful
Well I have had my eyebrow, tongue and labret pierced. I think that facial piercings are beautiful as long as the jewelry is done in good taste. I guess for me I got these done because I love the way they look on people. I don't go out and play with my tongue ring in front of people I find it very rude to do so. I wear retainers to work to keep my piercing from closing up since it is against the dress code to wear them. I have respect for people who dislike them but I expect respect in return. I fell as if people shouldn't judge me or anyone else by our appearance.
2 things:


Peer pressure %26amp; Fad!!!
Because facial piercings are HOT!
  • beauty advice
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment